Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse Occupational Health (part-time)
at Cape Fox
Cape Fox Shared Services and Eagle Health are accepting resumes for a Registered Nurse Certified Occupational Health Nurse to work full time at the FDA in White Oak, MD.
The Registered Nurse Certified Occupational Health Nurse-General will provide nursing services to employees for protection, promotion, and optimization of health and prevention of illness and injury.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill perioperative patients
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role
- Assists with the provision of surgical care in accordance with facility, state, and federal regulations
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tool
10 - 25%
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state where the nurse practices
- Two years of postgraduate clinical experience as a RN providing direct patient care
- Two years clinical experience Occupational Health experience is preferred
- Biannual certification in BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Occupational Health Nurse certification (COHN-S) will be required within two years in the position
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Sit or Stand throughout a regular work day
- Ability to work on computer for long periods
- Strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with minimal oversight
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Some travel may be required
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.