Correct Care Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mental Health Coordinator (LCSW or LCPC)
at Correct Care Solutions
Our Mental Health Coordinator provides clinical and administration supervision and direction to mental health staff and oversight of mental services within the facility. Provides mental health services to inmates in the facility as well as provide mental health consultation to the facility personnel.
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work or behavioral science field
- Need experience in the coordination and administration of mental health service delivery systems
- Need coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of management/supervision techniques, mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of major mental disorders and/or psychological evaluation techniques
- Licensed to practice psychology, social work, or couseling in the State by the appropriate state licensing board
- Current CPR Certification
- Any other Certifications (such as First Aid) required
- Responsible to plan, supervise, coordinate and manage the clinical services provided by mental health staff at the institutional level as designated by the Regional MH Director or the VP of Behavioral Services. In facilities with a Clinical Supervisor, clinical supervision will be under the direction of that position
- Responsible to assign specific duties and clinical responsibilities to mental health staff in accordance with their position descriptions, education and professional experience and to notify Regional MH Director, VP of Behavioral Services and H.S.A. of staff’s inability to perform such duties and responsibilities in a competent, ethical and professional manner
- Represent interests of mental health services with the institution’s administrative staff under the direction of Regional MH Director or VP of Behavioral Services and to facilitate cooperation in the delivery of mental health services
- Maintain the confidentiality of inmate information in accordance with CCS policy, the facility policy, the standards of the American Psychological Association or National Association of Social Workers, the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) and the American Correctional Association (ACA) if the last two accrediting body standards are applicable to the site
- Allocate staff resources in mental health services to insure that institutional needs for clinical and consultative services are met in a timely, professional manner
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.