Community College of Baltimore County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accessibility Assistant - Part Time
at Community College of Baltimore County
Pay: up to $12.32/hour
Salary : $12.32/Hour
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2508727
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Accessibility Assistant - Part Time|
|Opening Date/Time:||Tue. 07/16/19 12:00 AM Eastern Time|
|Closing Date/Time:||Thu. 10/31/19 11:59 PM Eastern Time|
|Location:||Multiple (Indicate locations in Job Description)|
|Department:||Enrollment and Student Services|
The purpose of this class is to assist students in their academic progress and in developing skills to be independent learners. Located on Essex, Catonsville, Dundalk Campuses and Hunt Valley, Owings Mills Extension, Randallstown Centers.
1. High School diploma and 12 college credits with GPA of 2.5 or higher. Completion of all developmental education coursework, if applicable.
2. Placement at or above the reading, English, or math level equivalent to or exceeding requirements for course taken by student.
3. Experience working with students with disabilities desirable
|Class Specific Essential Duties:|
1. Accurately and thoroughly take legible notes that clearly reflect material from the instructor's lecture for the assigned class.
2. Read class material or tests to the assigned student with clear articulation, using correct pronunciation and reflecting the punctuation used in text, describing charts graphs, and tables as necessary.
3. Assist students with accessing online/web based material that is not otherwise accessible through the use of assistive technology and software, by accurately reading and describing graphs, table, and charts, as necessary.
4. Accurately and objectively record student's answers to classroom written materials or tests, without editing student's work.
5. Use technology as required for note taking, editing, and or tests.
6. Regularly submit notes, work logs, and time cards according to department procedures
7. Address and resolve problems related to these duties with students in a professional manner, communicating appropriately with DSS staff.
8. Specific Responsibilities of each assistant will vary based on the disability needs of the student to whom they are assigned.