Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Branch Manager II
Job LocationBethesda, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Manage and lead branch staff for optimal performance in sales, service and operations of a branch with a significant complement of employees, sustained high transaction volume and/or a deposit base typically exceeding $175 million. Responsible for the overall operations of branch and adherence to policies and procedures. Deliver exceptional service to internal and external clients and address escalated customer service issues as needed. Establish, retain and deepen relationships with new and existing clients. Accountable for leading all in-branch and outbound sales activities and ensuring the branch meets assigned goals. Maintains a strong working knowledge of Teller, CSR, BSM responsibilities and can function in role, when needed. Responsible for coaching and mentoring team members to expand knowledge of advanced products and services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages a team of highly qualified and knowledgeable staff. Provide leadership, coaching and support to direct reports as well as quarterly coaching to staff, performance feedback, and completes performance appraisals as scheduled.
- Consistently provides excellent client services to external and internal clients.
- Supervises the branch platform and teller line operations to ensure service quality, accuracy, efficiency and risk management.
- Responsible for branch compliance with all policies, procedures and applies applicable regulations, particularly as they pertain to audit, security, compliance and internal controls. Ensures that monthly branch audits are completed accurately. Exercises good judgment when handling exceptions to policy.
- Proficient with setting up complex accounts, related services and account maintenance. Advises clients on bank products and services and refers to other business partners as appropriate. Resolves issues related to banking services and accounts. Ensures prompt response and follow up to client account inquiries and escalated customer servicing issues.
- Ensures that all appropriate new account documentation is collected and in compliance with our new account policies and procedures.
- Responsible for overall branch vault and cash supply.
- Responsible for oversight of proper completion of CTRs, balancing of the ATM, Night Drops deposits and balancing TCR as applicable
- Conversant in Treasury Management Product features and benefits. Applies consultative sales practices in working with Business clientele.
- Understands and can convey basic account analysis concept, structure and computations to customers.
- Ensures branch is open on time and ready to conduct business each business day. Delegate various operations duties to branch staff while maintaining overall administrative responsibility.
- Responsible for organizing branch work schedules to maintain adequate coverage during business hours. Assist at other branches as necessary and participate on Saturday rotations.
- Lead branch sales activities such as cross-selling of products and services and outbound calling activities to generate new deposits.
- Conducts outbound sales calls independently and in partnership with other internal partners to existing customers and prospects, as needed
- Leads Branch team meetings to discuss operations, security, sales, service, product updates and other current topics as necessary.
- Participate and provide input/feedback during Branch Manager meetings, team conference calls and one/one meetings.
- Cultivates first-hand knowledge of customers who frequently rely on the branch for servicing.
- Effectively communicate with high profile clients and maintain their satisfaction with the Bank.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 7 years of progressive branch experience with either 3 years in a Branch Manager role or equivalent leadership experience at EagleBank
- 5 year’s supervision or leadership of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient use of Platform and Teller systems; FIS Global IBS products preferred
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong sales and service skills
- Exhibits professionalism with internal and external customers. Ability to speak with internal customers at all levels.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, policies, and procedures
- Excellent customer service delivery to internal and external clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills when working directly with clients.
- Pro-active product sales, outbound calling and internal/external business development.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to successfully balance priorities and accomplish required tasks in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Strong understanding of bank’s risk and liability related to supervisory functions performed such as overdrafts, funds availability, wire origination and changes in account control. Uses good judgment when risk intensifies.