Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior AML/BSA Compliance Specialist
This position is responsible for: managing, supporting and providing expertise within EagleBank, in order to ensure adherence to State and Federal regulatory compliance regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC. Interacting with Bank personnel to ensure compliance with laws and regulations. This position works with minimal supervision, handles complex issues and problems and routinely makes recommendations to management when appropriate.
- Perform reviews and risk assessments on high risk customer types including but not limited to: Money Service Businesses (MSBs), Third Party Payment Processors (TPPPs), Cash Intensive Businesses, Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs), Deposit Brokers, Non Resident Aliens, Foreign Nationals, Foreign Businesses, EB-5 and OPIC.
- Review and assess monthly review of the Health Mission transaction activity. Provide monthly report to AML/BSA Compliance Manager.
- Perform a variety of activities to support the Bank’s Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Customer Due Diligence requirements. Handle the Beneficial Ownership reviews and inquiries.
- Review and approve alerts/cases (Profile cases) involving high risk customers using automated AML/BSA monitoring system to make sure that any suspicious activity has been identified and reported.
- Report potential OFAC matches and prepare annual OFAC Report.
- Review individuals’ and entities’ accounts reported on a Subpoena utilizing different management systems to determine if money laundering or other suspicious activity noted in the accounts should be reported.
- Investigate suspicious activity generated by automated AML/BSA monitoring system or reported by Branch personnel and other lines of business utilizing different management systems to determine if the activity reported is suspicious or not. Compiles supporting documents; prepares SAR narrative then files it through FinCEN E-filing system within 30 days of determining that the activity is suspicious to comply with Federal regulations.
- Provide mentoring, consulting and guidance to other team members.
- Perform 90 day reviews of account activity for submitted SARs to determine if the previously reported suspicious activity ceased. If the suspicious activity continued a supplemental SAR will be filed to report the newly identified suspicious activity to comply with Federal regulations.
- Provide answers to branches/departments inquires related to AML/BSA questions to provide best information possible in regards to AML/BSA regulation to better serve the customers and the Bank’s interests.
- Provide day-to-day supervisory oversight of the work performed by AML/BSA Analyst(s) and Compliance Assistant to ensure accuracy and completion, in the absence of the Senior AML/BSA Compliance Analyst (Monitoring and Reporting).
- Ensure accuracy and completion of CTR Acceptance Report and CTR Rejection Report.
- Review and evaluate CTR Exemptions. Manage Annual review of CTR Exemptions.
- Performs periodic reviews of monitoring rules and recommends new monitoring Rules as needed.
- Serves as project manager for assessing regulatory changes, training needs assessments, new products and other special projects. Other duties as assigned.
- A college degree in a related field
- Five years of related work experience. Related experience with Money Service Businesses (MSBs), Third Party Payment Processors (TPPPs), Cash Intensive Businesses, Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs), Deposit Brokers, Non Resident Aliens (NRAs), Foreign Nationals, Foreign Businesses, EB-5 and OPIC
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification recommended.
- AML/BSA related professional certification preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support American with Disabilities Act and Amendments (ADA/ADAA).. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.