Grand Canyon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student Teacher Supervision - Principal, Elementary or Secondary Education Certified - College of Education
at Grand Canyon University
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a Student Teacher Supervisor for the College of Education. Whether students are looking to start or advance their career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas including early childhood education, elementary education, and secondary education degrees, TESOL and special education .
- Must be in the area of Baltimore, MD.
- Must be within driving distance to the provided site location (travel fees/gas mileage NOT provided or reimbursed).
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with the cooperating school and/or district. Maintain effective communication with the Cooperating Teacher and Office of Field Experience.
- Act as a resource person to the Teacher Candidate by providing additional sources of information and by being available through phone or mandatory weekly email personal contact, and cooperatively deriving workable solutions if difficulties arise.
- Provide information on the development and implementation of future professional plans.
- Encourage responsibility and creativity in the student teaching experience.
- Keep adequate records on the Teacher Candidate.
- Provide knowledge about evaluation procedures.
- Create and maintain a professional, friendly relationship with the Teacher Candidate and the Cooperating Teacher.
- Master's Degree in Education or Doctorate in Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Leadership, Special Education or related field or Master's Degree in Education
- Current and Valid State Teacher Certification
- Minimum 3 years teaching students grades K-12
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.