HMS Insurance Associates, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Representatives (Personal lines & Commercial lines)
at HMS Insurance Associates, Inc.
Description of Responsibilities:
The Customer Service Representative/Associate (CSR/CSA) provides day-to-day service to policyholders, fellow employees, and insurance carriers. The CSR/CSA is responsible for helping the team and HMS achieve growth and retention objectives by providing timely, accurate and professional service to all customers.
Key Duties & Accountabilities:
Consistent Quality Service to Clients and Customers
- Respond to request from customers for driving records, loss runs, billing information, etc.
- Respond to request from carriers.
- Checking and up-dating Order List
- Maintain accurate policy detail for claims department.
- Respond to accounting differences.
- Dead File procedure followed.
- Document management procedures followed.
Accurate timely processing of:
- Certificates, FR-19’s, Auto ID cards,
- Endorsements and Audits
- Certificates/Evidence processed
- Endorsements checked and invoiced
- Audits checked & invoiced (Direct Bill)
Managing the cancellation process
- Contact Carrier and customer prior to cancellation date
- Follow procedures and notify Producer and Account Manager
Handling the Renewal Process – provide team with accurate information and meet deadlines
- Expiration list generated
- Applications issued and given to the producer
- Loss Runs obtained/ordered, request updates for vehicles, drivers, equipment, etc
- Proposal completed by “need by date”. Issue Binders, ID cards, Certificates
- Maryland State Property & Casualty Producer license preferred. If new to insurance, license must be obtained after 90 days.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong customer service focus
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills to successfully handle multiple tasks
- Details oriented to ensure accuracy
- Excellent listening skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills to resolve customer service issued
- Good typing and data entry skills
- Solid computer skills. The ability to navigate various systems, and use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as part of a team in a sales environment.