Lincoln Property Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
District Manager I
at Lincoln Property Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Location
- Position Type (Portal Searching)
- Regular Full-Time
- Location : Name
- NSF Thurmont
Lincoln Military Housing – A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join the LMH team, you will be working amongst a team of talented and passionate individuals while being provided with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with LMH, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT.
A Day in the Life of a District Manager:
As a Lincoln Military Housing District Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the operations of a multi-family residential community. This role is responsible for the property’s financial success,
supervising the performance of on-site personnel and providing a quality living experience for our residents.
You must be able to effectively lead and motivate others to perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards.
Your Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage, hire, schedule, and develop the on-site team, including office and maintenance personnel.
- Evaluate the efficiency of staff and provide on-going training, coaching, counseling, and supportive leadership.
- Ensure all employees comply with company policies and procedures, and complete required training (i.e. on-line, instructor-lead, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the community budget and achievement of operational, financial and occupancy goals which includes overseeing, reviewing and monitoring all district accounting and financial matters (Processing of A/P, A/R, delinquencies, process PAF’s, budget approvals, collections, invoicing, etc.).
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Oversee all Capital Expenditure projects for the community (i.e. approvals, letters, tracking, scheduling, and inspections).
- Participate and oversee staff in outreach marketing activities (i.e. market surveys, shop competitors) on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Conduct regular property walks / inspections (grounds, common areas, parking lots, maintenance shop, community rooms, make-readies, quality control, etc.) to ensure community is well maintained according to LMH’s quality standards.
- Ensure make-readies and other maintenance projects are completed accurately and timely by maintenance staff according to LMH’s quality standards.
- Contribute to a safe and secure environment, reporting potential safety hazards and adhering to all company safety policies, practices and regulations.
- Comply with all federal, state and local applicable laws, including Fair Housing, OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment, and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Ensure resident concerns and requests are responded to on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Work in conjunction with district staff / community services team to develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Consistently ensure policies of the community are followed by residents and take appropriate / corrective action when necessary.
What You Need For Success:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the property management industry (previous supervisory experience preferred).
- Proven success demonstrating leadership, customer service, problem-solving, decision-making, multi-tasking, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to encourage a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Fair Housing certification – must obtain Fair Housing certification within 2 weeks of employment.
- Experience with and understanding of budgets and financial operations.
- Effective communication and interaction with management team, military partners, subordinates, vendors or residents, sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate duties to ensure operational objectives are achieved.
- Possess a positive and professional demeanor in all business interactions, under all circumstances.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of personal computers: keyboard, internet search, email correspondence, math, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and other software applications preferred (i.e. Yardi, Payscan).
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required).
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including weekends, off-hours and emergencies as required.
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options, programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation, incentive programs and generous paid time off.