Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administrator II (Software Library)
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission-oriented Systems Administrator with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
As a Systems Administrator you will perform system administration functions for Linux, Windows, and Mac-based machines and provide system support for a large-scale network. Must be a self-starter with a background in Unix/Linux, Windows systems administration and configuration of VMWare.
- Build, configure and maintain physical and virtual servers for a cross-domain software delivery infrastructure
- Collaborate with team members to design and implement a network environment supporting Linux, Windows and Mac OS
- Integrate new technologies into existing production environment
- Configure and maintain storage and scheduled backups/data redundancy
- Create and modify scripts as needed to automate repetitive tasks
- Provide operational support to development and test community with an emphasis on software repositories, including Android software services and related repositories
- Work with a team to troubleshoot software download and activation problems
- Monitor system performance, system/security logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems
- Provide software service support to end users requesting: cross-domain file transfers, software licenses, and software installation/activation support
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience building, configuring and managing Linux/Unix servers and supporting file system (ext3/4)
- Background in Windows server administration/configuration and file system support
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing virtual environments (VMWare ESX, Workstation)
- Scripting experience (Bash, Shell, Python, Perl)
- Experience configuring and maintaining storage and file systems (NFS, EXT3/4)
- Experience with infrastructure design, including networking protocols and data redundancy
- Customer service experience and orientation, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience working with a team to introduce and integrate new technologies into existing production environments
- Positive attitude and team player
- Experience with cross-domain transfers desirable
- Experience with multi-site repositories desirable
- Experience with MacOS a plus
- Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco iOS and devices
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations
- Working with Data
- Move about freely in a laboratory setting
- Repetitive Motions
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
Why ManTech? This is why!
The ManTech family comprises a diverse yet united group of nearly 8,000 talented professionals around the globe, each bringing distinct backgrounds and skill sets to the team. Nearly half of us are veterans and we are all dedicated to securing the future of our nation.
Our diversity makes us successful. Each team member is a unique piece of the puzzle, coming together to solidify our seamless foundation. As One ManTech, we learn together, we win together, and we celebrate together.
Rich educational opportunities and programs help employees break through career barriers. ManTech offers tuition assistance, partnerships with universities and institutions, a Technical Recognition Awards program, professional groups that comprise our Communities of Practice and so much more. Our own acclaimed ManTech University offers instruction and resources needed for professional development.