Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Radar Engineer IV– PM SAI – Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD – TS/ SCI required
at Patricio Enterprises
POSITION: Radar Engineer IV
LOCATION: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
STATUS: Fulltime - Contingent
TRAVEL: Up to 50% CONUS and OCONUS
CLEARANCE: Active Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
BENEFITS: 401k, Life/Health/Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
DESCRIPTION: Patricio Enterprises (PE) is seeking a Radar Engineer to support the Project Manager Sensors-Aerial Intelligence. PM SAI falls under Program Executive Office – Intelligence Electronic Warfare and Sensors (PEO IEW&S). PM SAI is headquartered at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) with product line support offices located at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. PM SAI is responsible for development, production, modernization, fielding, and sustainment of integrated manned and unmanned aerial Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) sensor payloads that leverage National and other Services’ capabilities. PM SAI also provides product solutions to support warfighting Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) of Intelligence products. As a member of the team, the Product Lead will perform continuous management and review of cost, schedule, performance and supportability of projects/programs/products as they transition through the acquisition life cycle from research, development, production, fielding and sustainment.
Primary duties will include (but not limited to):
- Assists in the development of system-level and operational requirements for Radar systems upgrades including remote operations.
- Provides technical assistance and engineering support necessary to fulfill pre-development activities including architecture, tradeoff and upgrade studies, requirement analysis, and rough order of magnitude cost evaluations.
- Provides technical and engineering support necessary to meet platform requirements to include system design, upgrade, modification, testing, and deployment and systems sustainment.
- Provides technical and engineering support and planning activities that are necessary to migrate systems through successive architecture revisions, upgrades and testing.
- Provides informal on-the-job-training (OJT) to familiarize civilian and military operations and sustainment personnel about hardware upgrades, capabilities, and modifications.
- Assists with general software engineering that is required to upgrade systems, modify existing system software, support operations and sustainment personnel with specific software capabilities.
- Provides technical and engineering personnel to assist in the timely activation of system upgrades and installation of new systems, including system design, procurement of components, creation of documentation, system build (rack and stack), and system integration and test.
- Provides technical and engineering support to assist civilian and military sustainment personnel to identify and isolate faulty system software and/or hardware components and restore the system(s) to full operational capabilities.
- Participates in weekly classified and unclassified project and engineering meetings to review project progress and issues.
- Supports Army Airworthiness Release process.
- Attends and participates in various classified and unclassified Integrated Product Team (IPT) Meetings, provide engineering input to vendors and team members.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Active DoD Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- At least 12 years of experience in airborne Radar HW/SW design, development, integration.
- Travel Up to 50% of the time, OCONUS Travel may be required by air and through the Ft Bliss.
- Experience with airborne SAR or GMTI radars.
- Experience with Army airborne tactical radars such as STARLite, Long Range Radar (LRR), or Vehicle and Dismount Exploitation Radar (VaDER).
- Experience with integrating radar systems onto MQ-1C, King Air and DCH-8 aircraft.
- Experience with radar signal processing and RF design.
- Experience with radar modeling and simulation.
- Experience with radar architectures and overseeing the design of radar systems and components.
- Experience with supporting radar testing and evaluation both in simulated and live environments.
- Experience with MATLAB or other radar simulation software.
- Excellent technical management and communication required to oversee execution and technical accuracy.
- Experience with aircraft flight handling and general flight operations and support.
- Working level understanding and experience of the Army Airworthiness Release (AWR) process and system changes that could impact an AWR.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with the senior military leadership, US Government customers, contracting officer and Contractors (Prime and Sub), to establish relationships to support program management business rhythms, capture initiatives and other new requirements as appropriate.
- Ability to lead multiple teams, manage relationships, and be a key contributor in training efforts.
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.