Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Director, Human Resources
at Rite-Aid Corporation
- Position ID#
- # Positions
- Pocomoke City
- Corporate - Human Resources
The primary purpose of this position is to deliver, implement and execute Human Resources strategies within assigned division(s) to support the Mission and Purpose of Rite Aid in stores through leading and influencing others to deliver on company priorities. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Lead Human Resources strategies within assigned division(s) for employee relations, labor relations, associate advocacy, talent management, talent assessment, talent acquisition, leadership development and training to advance strategic goals of the business
- Provide divisional and regional leadership teams with guidance on matters of associate relations, associate advocacy, labor relations, conflict resolution, performance management and HR Compliance through training and coaching to protect the company from liability
- Ensure training and development opportunities are being offered at all levels, communicate career opportunities through succession planning, provide regular performance feedback, and demonstrate friendly, respectful and positive behaviors to build organizational talent and leverage diversity in all departments in store and field leadership within assigned division(s).
- Build organizational talent within the divisional Human Resources team through hiring, on boarding, training, developing, and delivering appropriate performance management to develop skills and capabilities of members of the HR team
- Visit store locations to determine the success of initiatives, teams, and associates; to evaluate performance; and give performance feedback to associates
- Ensure the execution of associate engagement and culture initiatives in assigned division(s) to improve associate experience, improve customer experience, drive sales and execution, and reduce turnover
- Communicate Human Resource activities, results, and related information to the Vice President, Field Human Resources, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, and Divisional Senior Vice President, Store Operations as necessary
- Monitor company, state, and federal employment laws within the division to ensure we are in compliance with the laws
- Review and analyze human resources expenses and set budgets to remain consistent with company goals and objectives
- Review divisional salary and payroll key issues and trends, and develop solutions to improve salary and payroll performance
Experience / Requirements
- Seven (7) years' of experience in Human Resources required
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) Human Resources required