San Joaquin Delta College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct Associate Professor - Religious Studies
at San Joaquin Delta College
This is a part-time teaching position.
Under the general supervision and direction of the Division Dean of Humanities, Social Science, and Education, the primary responsibility of the person assigned to this position is teaching courses in the discipline of Religion and Philosophy.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following:
- Instruct courses in Religion and Philosophy to meet the educational requirements stated in the credit course outlines.
- Assist the Division Dean to cooperate with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and the program.
- Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information.
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
- Attend various departmental, divisional, and campus-wide activities as stipulated.
- Participate in departmental, divisional and campus-wide committees as part of the shared-governance process.
- Participate in divisional committees as assigned by the Division Dean.
- Perform other necessary duties which assure the smooth functioning of the Division, as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
- Teach in a large lecture format.
- Advise a student club or organization.
- Religious Studies:Master's in religious studies, theology, or philosophy OR Bachelor's in any of the above AND Master's in humanities OR the equivalent.ANDPhilosophy:Master's in philosophy OR Bachelor's in philosophy AND Master's in art history or humanities OR the equivalent.Demonstrated teaching experience.Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience in teaching postsecondary courses, especially at the community college level.
- Experience in teaching survey courses in religion and philosophy.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different levels of students' ability and learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to students from different cultures and ethnic groups.
- Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques and equipment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and desire to stay current in the field.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with community groups and the schools in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
- Desire and willingness to make the educational programs successful.
- Earned doctorate in the discipline of philosophy.
- Supplemental Information
Copies of transcripts are required with application.