Social & Scientific Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Network Engineer
at Social & Scientific Systems, Inc.
- Job ID
- Information Technology/Programming
- Regular Full-Time
Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. Our research and support for domestic and international health programs enable policymakers, medical professionals, communities, and citizens to improve public health. Please join our dedicated staff in an environment that values diversity and supports health, wellbeing, and professional growth.
Provides technology expertise with respect to network setup and engineering, data and voice support and repair or management of hardware and software resources.
- Provides network infrastructure engineering and maintenance for SSS and its clients.
- Performs network infrastructure and server support, including maintenance, and administrative functions.
- Researches technology initiatives, makes recommendations for updates, upgrades and new systems.
- Maintains and configures routers, switches, firewalls and other network infrastructure equipment.
- Monitors support requests for trends and makes suggestions on improving the quality of support.
- Designs, installs and manages local and wide area networks.
- Confers with other SSS support staff and programmers to identify sources of information and assist with collecting and maintaining information.
- Assesses user needs and requirements and defines appropriate technology solutions.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Assists in the development of user guides and reference materials for specific applications or tasks.
- Assists in developing training approaches and helping users become familiar with new packages and hardware.
- Provides one-on-one training as needed.
- Conducts workshops and seminars for end-user community on IT-related topics.
- Performs additional duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in computer related field or equivalent certifications, plus six years of experience in microcomputer and network systems and applications or eight years experience and no degree; Strong background in juniper design operations and maintenance. Experience with BGP implementation and operations. CNE/CCNP Certification and MCSE Certification may each substitute for one year of experience, ECNE Certification may substitute for two years of experience; proficiency in specified software applications, operating environments and data communications.
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.