Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Manager - Full Time
at Volunteers of America
Come make a difference!
Since 1896, Volunteers of America's ministry of service has supported and empowered America's most vulnerable populations and is one of the nation's largest human services organizations and nonprofit providers of quality, affordable housing for low and moderate-income households.
Eastern Avenue Apartments is looking for a Assistant Manager to join the team in Seat Pleasant/Riverdale, MD!
***This is a 8:30am-5pm position. ***
Objective: The Assistant Manager is responsible to provide general office support for Administrative Services Staff.
- On a daily basis, provides general office support for Administrative Services Staff.
- Represents the company in a positive, professional manner to all callers, guests and staff.
- Orders office supplies.
- Responsible for processing rental applications, certifications, rent calculations and prepare leasing documents in accordance with the regulatory agency's specifications and Fair Housing Laws.
- Responsible for collections of rent from property residents.
- Maintain resident and property files and waiting lists.
- Create resident work orders.
Other Job Functions Include:
- Assists with audit preparations each year.
- Attends training as assigned.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, plus a minimum of two (2) years of related experience in a busy, professional office environment.
- Familiarity with general office procedures.
- Individual must possess a positive attitude, high level of flexibility, effective communicator, detail orientated with strong organizational skills, to work with minimal supervision, focus on completing assigned tasks in a timely manner, and a willingness to get involved.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally.
- Must have a valid driver license, some travel required.