Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Westat, inc.
MD - Rockville
Research - Statistics
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a one or more Statisticians to join our internationally respected, highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team. Many on our team are authors of research papers and are leaders in professional associations such as the ASA, AAPOR and ISI.
Statisticians must have expertise in analysis and modeling or in survey statistics. Analysis and modeling areas include, but are not limited to, generalized linear models, longitudinal data analysis, multilevel modeling, survival analysis, design and analysis of randomized experiments, causal inference with observational data, Bayesian statistics, latent variable models, measurement theory, econometric analysis, sparse data analysis, and functional data analysis. Survey statistics areas include, but are not limited to sample designs, sampling frames, imputation methods, weighting schemes and variance estimation methods.
· Analysis and modeling: Design and conduct sophisticated statistical analyses; work with and combine data from multiple sources; develop and vet statistical models; coauthor reports/papers on analysis methods and findings
· Survey statistics: Develop sample designs in both standard and non-standard settings, including non-probability samples; oversee construction of appropriate sample frames and selection of samples; develop weighting, nonresponse adjustment and imputation strategies; create and implement methods for estimation of sampling and non-sampling errors as appropriate;
· Develop and promote research that enhances Westat’s visibility through publications and conference presentations and further strengthens and extends Westat’s reputation for statistical excellence.
· A Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Statistics or a Master’s or Ph.D. in a quantitative field plus equivalent experience in survey statistics or analysis and modeling.
· Candidates with a Master’s degree must be currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program in statistics or equivalent quantitative field.
· Ability to collaborate with experts in other areas of statistics and with non-statisticians as part of interdisciplinary research teams to address analytic and research goals at the project design and implementation stages.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate with non-statisticians to clarify objectives.
· Ability to produce publications and conference presentations.
Qualified candidates must have good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Candidates will benefit from knowing R, SAS, or other statistical software.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.